Many of our clients have rental properties, either as a primary business or as part of an entrepreneurial business portfolio. Insogna CPA can help you to maximize your income tax deductions for rental property.
Insogna CPA are Experts in Rental Property Real Estate Tax Deductions
Our deep knowledge and personal experience with real estate taxes for rental properties is an assurance that our team is up-to-date on every tax-advantaged strategy available to owners, including:
In fact our founder and CEO, Chase Insogna, a licensed CPA, personally owns several rental properties.
Consider These Income Tax Deductions for Rental Property
Depreciation is the most common deduction that rental property owners consider to minimize taxes. In addition to depreciation, here are some of the primary opportunities available under the tax code for rental property:
- Auto Expenses
- Cleaning & Maintenance
- Management Fees
- Property and Liability Insurance
- Mortgage Interest – Generally reported to you on Form 1098.
- Repairs – such as repairing the dishwasher, regular repainting, or fixing a roof leak.
- Legal & Tax Preparation Fees related to your rental activity.
- Insurance – Including fire, flood, liability, and mortgage.
- Non-Mortgage Interest – such as credit card interest on a card you use only for rental expenses.
- Travel expenses when you travel overnight to improve the property.
Maximize Your Rental Property Tax Deductions
Learn how you can maximize your rental property tax deductions. Give us a call.